The appropriate modules of the Animal Use Education Course via CITI online training must be successfully completed prior to addition of an individual to an Animal Protocol.
- The Working with the IACUC module and applicable species-specific module(s) are required for all personnel.
- The Aseptic Surgery CITI module is required for those individuals performing non-survival or survival surgery.
- A short training video and associated quiz via ICON is also required for survival surgeries only.
All other modules are recommended but not required.
- Click here: Training Form. Complete the form and select the appropriate training needs (CITI training +/- surgical training).
- Click submit.
- An email with further instructions from email@example.com will be sent to the enrollee's University of Iowa email address when enrollment is complete.
- Once enrolled in the AUEC, access to all AUEC modules is enabled.